MIPENZ (Mech), CPEng, IntPE
Mechanical Design Engineer
Bryce is highly skilled in the areas of -
- Mechanical design
- Mechanical Drafting
- 3D modelling
- Project and Contract Management
- Project Estimating
- Plant Inspection
- Equipment Certification
- Woodwaste gasification
- Materials handling
- Amusement Rides
- Plant and equipment layout.
Trade Certificate in Plastics Engineering; work experience involving fitting and turning, die setting, drafting, machine maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic fitting, including a variety of plastic moulding techniques.
- Trade Certificate in Plastics Engineering
- New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (NZCE) Mechanical
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (BE) Mechanical
Alex Harvey Industries (AHI) Plastic Products/Carter Holt Harvey (CHH) Plastic Products
Served an 8000 hour apprenticeship as a Plastics Engineer, during this period also studying for the New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (NZCE) Mechanical. Work experience involving fitting and turning, die setting, Draughting, machine maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic fitting, including a variety of plastic moulding techniques. Followed by six months working as a shift fitter in the injection moulding department.
University of Auckland
Complete the final two years of a four year bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Studied for a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) degree at the University of Auckland.
New Zealand Steel - Glenbrook
Employed by New Zealand Steel - Glenbrook for three during summer break preparing Quality Assurance Document and carrying out an audit on the various idlers and drive rolls in the Continuous Galvanising Plant, including a period as charge hand during the annual Christmas shut-down.
John Thompson Ltd/Rolls-Royce Industrial Power
Seven years experience in all aspects of boilers and their associated plant and equipment including design, drafting, installation and commissioning.
Major Boiler and Hot Oil Projects include -
- No. 8 Power Boiler Kinleith Pulp and Paper (180 TPH)
- Tachikawa Forest Products Rotorua (4.3 MW)
- Forest Product NZ Waipa #2 (28 TPH)
- Southland Dairy Co-op Edendale (41 TPH)
- Anchor Products Waitoa (38.4 TPH)
- Juken Nissho Gisborne (45 TPH)
- Kiwi Co-op Hawera (30.2 TPH)
- Distilleria Bago Phillippines (40 TPH)
- Juken Nissho Masterton (30 MW)
- Anchor Products Hautapu
- Nelson Pine Industries
- Canterbury Timber Products (10.4 & 7.3 MW)
Page & Macrae Limited
Nine years experience working on a variety of Projects including Estimation, Project and Contract Management, design, installation and commissioning of –
- 2MW Woowaste Gasification Plant
- 40 foot container automated loading/unloading Skate Table
- 22 tonne log grapple for loading/unloading ships at the Port of Tauranga
- Waikato Water Pipeline Water Treatment Plant
- Champion Four 3500 tonne capacity silo relocation
- Harvey Farms boiler installation
- MWS Sludge Handling Project
- Harvey Farms Load-out Hopper Project
- Anchor Products Te Rapa pipe-bridge Project
Coulter Engineering Services Ltd
Self Employed since September 2006.